Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electrical Engineering is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. It is the mainstay for all branches of engineering because electricity is the main source of energy. With increasing population there is always a demand for these students.
The various subjects they have to study include DC motors, transformers, solid state devices and network analysis, power systems, synchronous systems, advance power systems and measurements, microprocessors, engineering material science, etc. Job Opportunities including all major companies of public and private sector such as Electricity Boards, Large Scale Industries, Manufacturing Plants, Power Corporations, Hydro-Electric sector are continuously in need of Electrical Engineers for their projects. Electrical Engineers also find job prospects in Design Industries, Production Plants, Natural Gas Plants, and Petroleum as well as in Steel and Chemical plants. Opportunities also exist in Public Sectors such as Indian Railways, Armed Forces (Technical Branch) and also in Thermal and Nuclear Power Corporation Limited.
To establish as a sustainable center of human and technology resource for electrical and allied services of industries and society.
- Educating students to stand firm on fundamental knowledge, high in technical skill and best in adaptability for employment, higher education or entrepreneurship.
- Providing equal opportunities and hands on experience for students to become responsible, rational and competent technology professionals.
- Bringing up students to become aware of doing things in safe, ethical and sustainable ways to find solutions for industry and society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- PEO 1: Our diploma engineer will be able to apply their technical knowledge and skills to serve the industry and society through employment and entrepreneurship.
- PEO 2: They will be in a position to find a prospectful advance in professional knowledge and career by acquiring higher education.
- PEO 3: They will be ready to take up responsibilities based on the comprehensive knowledge and skill acquired, for a better society.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO 1: Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- PO 2: Problem analysis: Identify and analyses well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO 3: Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- PO 4: Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PO 5: Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- PO 6: Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- PO 7: Life-long learning: Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO 1: Apply modern technical knowledge for providing sustainable development in the field of electrical systems.
- PSO 2: Apply skills in the drafting, estimating and troubleshooting of electrical installations and power systems.
- PSO 3: Apply knowledge and skills in the area of electronics for entrepreneurship and product design.